What are ECMT multilateral road haulage permits?

Along with EU Community Authorisation, & bilateral permits, international operator’s licence holders can get permits to cross into other countries by using the European Conference of Ministers of Transport (ECMT) multilateral permit scheme for journeys between its member countries.

Those operator’s licence holders, who hold ECMT permits, allows them to undertake journeys between member countries, when their vehicles are laden or empty.  ECMT permits can also be used for third-country journeys to other countries which would otherwise be prohibited under certain bilateral agreements, but ECMT permits are recognised.

Transport Compliance

Do you need Transport Compliance support?

Transport Managers

Looking to register as an External Transport Manager?

Want to contact us?

This Website and the information shown on it, has been produced as a basic guide, to show the relationship between a CPC Holder, & the Operator Licence Regime. Therefore, it cannot be considered as formal legal advice.